Massage Therapy FAQs
Massage therapy is a form of treatment that involves manipulating your body’s soft tissues using various techniques. Some of these techniques include fingers, hands, elbows, knees, forearms, feet, or devices.
At Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic in Nanaimo, BC, we offer massage therapy and other health care services that focus on providing comfort, recovery, and general health and wellness. Contact us to book a massage or chiropractic session.
What Are the Advantages of Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy enhances your health and wellness in numerous ways, which include:
- Ease emotional stress.
- Provide restful sleep.
- Release tight muscles causing pain.
- Enhance the flow of blood to diseased or injured tissues.
- Support a healthy immune system.
- Enhance lymphatic drainage to reduce fluid-related swelling.
Are There Instances Where Massage Therapy Is Not Recommended?
There are some cases where massage is inadvisable or needs further consultation. Massage therapists call these instances contradictions, which include:
- Total contradiction - Massage is not appropriate when you have a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, or under alcohol influence.
- Local contradictions - They mean that you cannot get a massage at a specific part of your body if you have an abrasion, cut, or bruise.
- Medical approval - Some instances call for medical clearance before you can get a massage. Examples include asthma, epilepsy, heart disease, or if you are under treatment from another specialist, you need to get approval.
What if I Feel Embarrassed About My Body or Parts of It?
Professional massage therapists like Woodgrove Pines Clinic do not judge your body weight, hair, scars, medical conditions, disabilities, personal history, or any other form of judgment.
How Often Should I Get a Massage?
Your individual needs usually determine how often you get a massage. To that end, your massage therapist will determine and recommend a specific program of care following your initial assessment and visit.
When Can I Schedule My Massage at Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic?
How you schedule your massage session depends on your needs and the massage therapist. At Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic in Nanaimo, BC, we are open every weekday and on Saturday. We are available at 8.00 am and close at 6.00 pm. However, we close at 8.00 pm from Tuesday through Thursday. On Saturdays, we close at 2.00 pm.
Contact us to schedule a massage or other treatment options our clinic has to offer in Nanaimo, BC.