Personal Injury Treatment with Our Nanaimo Chiropractor
A personal injury often causes physical pain, but it can lead to significant emotional pain and distress, too. At Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic, our Nanaimo chiropractor team helps people from all over our community recover from their pain and dysfunction by providing customized personal injury treatment. We use services designed to work with you to facilitate holistic healing in both your body and your mind.
Common Types of Personal Injury
A personal injury can occur at work or while out and about in the community. They are often the result of acute accidents such as slips, falls, or auto accidents. Common ones we see at our clinic include:
- Whiplash: neck strain syndrome caused by flexion and extension of the neck, usually seen in a forceful incident such as a car crash or fall from a height. This condition can lead to headaches, jaw pain, insomnia, shoulder and arm pain, and of course neck pain and stiffness.
- Joint dislocation, including the spine and extremities: even if a joint "pops" back into place, there may still be residual weakness, pain, and instability.
- Muscle strain, ligament sprain, or tendon tear/rupture: often seen in accidents in which the person attempts to control or stop a fall. Tissues can be damaged by forceful overstretching or twisting.
Did you suffer a personal injury years ago? It's possible that you could still be dealing with secondary consequences of an old injury, including pain, stiffness (often due to a build-up of scar tissue), and muscle imbalances.
The Role of Chiropractic Care and Other Holistic Services in Personal Injury Treatment
If you've been injured, it’s best to seek personal injury treatment as soon as possible. Delaying care may allow a small problem to progress into a chronic issue. Plus, documentation provided by our doctors of chiropractic and holistic wellness providers can help you as you navigate the world of insurance claims and other legal matters.
The following services are some of the ones we utilize most often for our patients who see us with personal injury concerns. You'll notice that these complementary services can be 100% customized to meet the specific needs of each patient, and when provided together, can enhance their overall effect:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Massage therapy and soft tissue mobilization (e.g., Active Release Therapy)
- Physiotherapy exercises, stretches, and other modalities
Together, we help heal your injured tissues, soothe inflammation, relieve pain, and restore optimal function, from head to toe!
Struggling with a Personal Injury?
Contact our multidisciplinary team at Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic in Nanaimo by calling (250) 390-2003 now. Our staff includes chiropractors, naturopaths, acupuncturists, massage therapists, physiotherapists, kinesiologists, and reflexologists. We're here to help!