Actual Help for Back Pain
Our team at Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic in Nanaimo understands how back pain can affect your ability to work and enjoy your normal, daily activities. We will address your pain and come up with an individualized treatment plan that will ensure your pain is a thing of the past.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Many factors can lead to either acute or chronic back pain. We consider your pain chronic if it persists for three or more months. Some common causes of back pain are:
- Bulging or herniated disc: The discs in your spine serve as cushions for the vertebrae in your spine. When a disc is pushed out of place or the gel-like substance in the disc ruptures, proper treatment can move the discs back into alignment, allowing your back to heal and reducing pain.
- Degenerative disc disease (DDD): DDD is when the intervertebral discs gradually wear down, and the corresponding joint space narrows.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the inflammation and degradation of the protective layer of the joints and discs in the back.
- Muscle strain and ligament sprain: These two are the result of overstretching or tearing of the muscle or ligament. They are often caused by poor physical conditioning, repeated movements, and heavy lifting.
- Nerve impingement: When a spinal nerve root becomes compressed, the result is back pain, and in some cases, numbness, tingling, or weakness in the back.
- Other factors: Back pain can also result from auto accident injuries, sports injuries, poor posture or nutrition, stress, and obesity.
Holistic Treatments for Back Pain
At Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic, our healthcare team in Nanaimo offers a wide range of holistic services that work together to end your back pain, help you recover, and restore function to your body. After your initial examination and diagnosis, your chiropractor will prescribe one or more of the following therapies:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Massage therapy
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Naturopathic medicine
Contact Our Team Today
Back pain doesn’t have to get the best of you! Our skilled, knowledgeable, and professional healthcare team at Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic will work to eliminate your back pain so you can enjoy life pain-free and more comfortably. Call us today at 250-390-2003 to learn more about how we can help reduce your back pain or to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors in Nanaimo.