Our Nanaimo Chiropractors & Wellness Team Offer Comprehensive Back Pain Diagnosis & Treatment
Back Pain is a health condition that affects an upwards of 80% of people at least once in their lifetime. At Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic, a significant number of our patients come to us complaining about back pain. Luckily, our Nanaimo chiropractor can offer solutions to manage and prevent further back pain.
Common Causes & Symptoms of Back Pain
No two cases of back pain are exactly the same, and there can be a wide number of factors playing into your unique clinical presentation. Common diagnoses we find on our initial consultations (which include a physical exam and personal history taking) include:
- Osteoarthritis - inflammation and degradation of the protective layer of cartilage lining vertebral joint spaces
- Degenerative disc disease - gradual wearing down of the intervertebral discs and associated joint space narrowing
- Bulging disc or herniated disc - the disc is pushed out of place or ruptures
- Muscle strain and ligament sprains - micro-tears and damage in the connective tissue fibers
- Stenosis - narrowing of the spinal canal through which the spinal cord and nerves travel
- Nerve impingement (radiculopathy, sciatica) - compression of a spinal nerve root can cause back pain as well as arm or leg symptoms (numbness, tingling, and weakness)
These conditions typically occur due to a combination of environmental and genetic factors, including frank trauma (e.g., auto accident, sports injury, or personal injury), poor posture, psychological stress, obesity, heavy lifting, repetitive bending or twisting, too much sitting, or even smoking and poor nutrition.
What to Expect of Back Pain Treatment with Chiropractic Care
Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic offers a wide range of harmonious and holistic techniques and services for back pain treatment. Following your initial examination and diagnosis, we may provide services such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments: realign spinal joints, alleviate pressure on nerves, and promote optimal nervous system function and pain control
- Physiotherapy: exercises and modalities which serve to heal injured tissue, control inflammation, and restore endurance, strength, and range of motion
- Massage therapy: stimulate circulation and ease psychological as well as physical tension in the body
- Active Release Technique (ART): a combination of movement and massage that releases areas of restrictions in soft tissues
This isn't an all-inclusive list, and your unique plan of care may include some or additional techniques. We encourage you to call us with questions!
Back Pain Affecting Your Life? Experience Holistic Relief With our Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, or Physiotherapists in Nanaimo
If you've been looking for a highly skilled and knowledgeable team of wellness experts, then contact Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic today at (250) 390-2003 to schedule an appointment and get to know our diverse and multidisciplinary staff. Our Nanaimo chiropractors are here to help you reclaim your quality of life and avoid recurring back-related issues. We also offer a variety of services including kinesiology, acupuncture, massage therapy, naturopathy, and physiotherapy.