Our Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic Helps Relieve Shoulder Pain Agony
Do you have pain in your shoulder? The compassionate professional staff at Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic can help with that. We have served the entire Nanaimo area for years and pride ourselves on helping our patients recover the quality of life they want. What causes shoulder pain and how can a chiropractor help? We are so glad you asked.
Commonplace Causes of Shoulder Pain
The most standard causes of shoulder pain include a multitude of conditions, injuries, and other factors. The cause can be an issue that is directly affecting the shoulder or it can be caused by problems in other areas of the body that radiates to the shoulder, this is known as referred pain.
The causes of shoulder pain include injuries and conditions such as:
- Inflammatory conditions such as rheumatism and/or arthritis
- Strains – overstretching/tearing of the tendon/muscle
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Shoulder joint dislocation
- Sprains – violent wrenching/twisting of ligaments in a joint resulting in inflammation, pain, and loss of mobility
- Tumors – exceedingly rare but possible
- Shoulder Bursae – inflammation of the bursa (a small sac of fluid for cushion)
- Frozen Shoulder – aka Adhesive Capsulitis –causes severe stiffness and pain
- A traumatic injury like those incurred in sport, vehicular, or other accidents
- Tendinitis – inflammation of the tendons in the shoulder from overuse, rheumatic disease, and/or infection
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
With treatment by a well-trained caring chiropractor like Dr. Stacey Scott at Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic, many of the causes of shoulder pain – and thus the pain itself – can be eradicated. Before any treatment can begin Dr. Scott and the staff here will collect vital information that will assist with diagnosis. We will then develop a personalized treatment plan that takes your unique situation into consideration.
To do this, we will gather the needed info via:
- An oral medical, familial, and social history
- A physical exam of the shoulder and the tissues surrounding it
- A neurological examination to establish a basic understanding of nerve function
- Optional imaging tests such as x-rays, MRIs, CAT scans, etc.
Chiropractic Shoulder Pain Treatments
Dr. Scott has over 150 proven chiropractic techniques available to use for treatment. We will determine which of these techniques will help your shoulder by reducing stiffness, inflammation, and pain. The end goal is to restore the structures of your shoulder to optimal health and function.
To achieve this objective, we may use methods such as:
- Manual spinal manipulation
- Nervous system subluxation
- Therapeutic massage
- Active Release Technique
- Trigger Point therapy
- Spinal decompression
Contact Our Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic in Nanaimo, British Columbia Today!
To find out more, stop by Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic in Nanaimo, call us at (250)390-2003, or schedule an appointment online now.