Traveling is fun, but the aftermath can lead to a body full of aches. This doesn’t mean you should avoid traveling for fear of pain. Our trusted chiropractors at Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic in Nanaimo have a few tips you can use to keep your journey pain-free.
Tips When Driving
Would you like to hit the road with your vehicle? There are certain steps you can take to avoid shoulder pain and neck pain associated with long-distance driving. These include:
- Get comfortable: If you are in the front of the car, adjust your seat to a comfortable position where you can stretch your legs and sit upright to avoid hurting your back. If you are at the back, avoid poor posture that may strain your back and neck.
- Do some car exercises: You don’t have to be out in the field to exercise. Simple neck and shoulder exercises can alleviate multiple aches while driving.
- Take short breaks: Sitting for too long in one position can take a toll on your body. It is wise to make a few pit stops and get out of your car to do simple stretches that open up your body.
Tips When Flying
Unlike driving, you cannot make pit stops while flying. However, this doesn’t mean you have to brave a pain-laden journey. Use some of these steps to make your flight more comfortable:
- Pack light to avoid hauling heavy bags at the airport.
- Sit comfortably to avoid causing unneeded pressure on your neck and back. Place a pillow behind your neck to ensure your body is properly aligned while seated.
- Get up and stretch along the aisle to avoid muscle cramps and blood clots.
- Do not stress yourself with work while flying. Staring at the screen will cause eyestrain and headaches.
Contact Our Chiropractors in Nanaimo
Our team at Woodgrove Pines Wellness Clinic is here to help when you return home with aches and pains from the road. We provide quality chiropractic care for residents in and around Nanaimo. Call our team today at (250) 390-2003 to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors.