Class III (Bioflex) and Class IV (Liteforce) Laser Therapy
What is the Technology?
BioFlex Laser Therapy System's patented technology offers clinicians the highest clinical success rates with predictable, reliable and reproducible results. BioFlex is the most advanced laser therapy system available and is designed as a non-invasive, non-toxic therapy for a wide variety of medical conditions, including soft tissue injuries, arthritis, repetitive motion and sports injuries.
The physiological effects of Laser Therapy include an increase in:
• DNA Synthesis - the protein building block essential to the process of cell regeneration.
• Collagen Production - increases tensile strength of muscles, tendons and ligaments.
• ATP (adenosine triphosphate) - the fuel of the cell required in facilitating cell metabolism.
• Endorphins - morphine like substances produced by the body to reduce the sensation of pain.
• Modulation - of cellular components involved in the healing process, ie. macrophages, fibroblasts, lymphocytes, etc.
• Simulation of:
• immune response
•lymphatic drainage - reduction in edema
•angiogenesis - formation of new capillaries and arterioles resulting in improved circulation / tissue oxygenation
How Long is a Treatment?
Treatments are typically thirty minutes to one hour in duration (or less with our Liteforce Class IV Laser System) depending on the condition being treated.
How Many Treatments Are Required?
The number of treatments will depend on the chronicity and the extent of the pathology involved. Based on the genetic makeup of the cells, an individual's response to Laser Therapy will vary to some degree. A recent clinical review, including 1,000 consecutively treated patients, reveals the average number of treatments to be 9.4.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic, non-invasive and in over one million individual treatments, no significant adverse effects have been noted.
Laser Therapy is the treatment of choice for: